Clerks Report and Supporting Information for the Agenda
Yarcombe Parish Council Remote Clerks Report 1st-30th June 2021
Finance – Update on current Financial Situation:
Bank account balances as at 30.06.21
Unity Trust C/A & Instant Access £10,547.17 10,990.45
Cash Book Balance at 31.06.21 (Bank, less pending payments) 10,990.45
1. Money allocated for P3 expenditure 1,499.87
2. Money allocated for Highways / Village Maintenance 141.30
3. Election Costs 600.00
Yarcombe Inn Community Project – Illustrated History of The Yarcombe Inn
Remainder of Balance after above Ringfenced monies 8,192.59
Councillor’s advised of the following payments made on 30th June:
Payment Date Payee Details of Payment Amount
30.06.21 HMRC June PAYE 59.80
30.06.21 Sarah-Jane Martin June Clerks wages 239.20
Clerk Correspondence received during June relating to relevant issues for Yarcombe Parish Council:
• The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) has again urged the government to make remote meetings a permanent option for local (parish and town) councils….. The outcome was the unanimous agreement with NALC that local councils should be permanently allowed the option of holding remote meetings at a time of their choosing (as should the rest of local government). An argument that NALC has put to the government in its consultation response. NALC recognises that in the future, a hybrid approach to local council meetings may be inevitable. Given the recent delay in lifting some lockdown restrictions and uncertainty over the safety of holding local council meetings physically, the government should give local councils the legal option of holding remote meetings if they want to – in the interests of health, safety and society.
• Email received from Catherine Causley, Climate Change Officer concerning the launch of the Devon Local Nature Partnership – the aim of the project is to help Parish and Town Councils fulfil their statutory duty as set out in the Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act (NERC) 2006 – see link here for details : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/biodiversity-duty-public-authority-duty-to-have-regard-to-conserving-biodiversity
• Amy Tucker has reported Potholes on the road between Knapp farm EX14 9PB and Middle Stout farm EX14 9LZ near to Williambear Farm EX14 9PB. They’re already been reported on the east Devon website and Highways have advised “This is one of the roads which was added a few months ago to the list for potential Dragon Patching if suitable following the assessment”.
• Mervyn Woollcot emailed Miranda as follows:
“Good Morning Miranda, I hope you & mum are well, this is just a request for the address of the local dept. responsible for the maintenance of the local minor roads as the state of our Stopgate road is disgusting!! Many Thanks, Mervyn”. We responded that the is in hand and Highways had the area scheduled for repair.
• The Road to Stockland has been repaired
• Email sent to Highways – “Sorry to let you know but those bad pot-holes going up to Stopgate have re-emerged after that bad weather earlier this week. There appears to be water continually crossing the road at that section and I wonder if we need to do some drainage work on the left-hand side (going up the hill), from where the water flows?
The formal delegation of making and submitting comments on planning applications to the Councillors who attend the site meetings, has been granted to Cllr Tony Long in November 2019. This is due to their being insufficient time before subsequent meetings to bring back comments to the Council for a full formal vote.
Planning Notifications received during the month:
Replacement oil tank – Ryecroft Cottage Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9BD
Ref. No: 21/0968/FUL Status: Approval with conditions
Conversion of existing greenhouses to 2x self contained holiday accommodation – The Garden House Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9AE
Ref. No: 21/1334/FUL Status: Pending Consideration
Erection of roof over an existing silage clamp. – Lower Pithayne Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9AB
Ref. No: 21/1000/FUL Status: Pending Consideration
Planning Applications just across the Yarcombe / Marsh boundary:
Clerk, Yarcombe Parish Council
Date 2nd July 2021