Clerks Report and Supporting Information for the Agenda
Yarcombe Parish Council Remote Clerks Report 1st-31st May
Finance – Update on current Financial Situation:
Bank account balances as at 31.05.21
Unity Trust C/A & Instant Access £11,638.34 10,966.54
Cash Book Balance at 31.05.21 (Bank, less pending payments) 10,966.54
1. Money allocated for P3 expenditure 1,499.87
2. Money allocated for Highways / Village Maintenance 141.30
3. Election Costs 600.00
Yarcombe Inn Community Project – Illustrated History of The Yarcombe Inn
Remainder of Balance after above Ringfenced monies 8,168.68
Councillor’s advised of the following payments made on 31st May:
Payment Date Payee Details of Payment Amount
31.05.21 HMRC May PAYE 239.20
31.05.21 Sarah-Jane Martin May Clerks wages 59.80
31.05.21 Jubilee Village Hall Highways Meeting June 20 20.00
31.05.21 Delves Power supply for Defibrillator 232.80
31.05.21 Sandra Bristol Internal Audit 120.00
Clerk Correspondence received during May relating to relevant issues for Yarcombe Parish Council:
• Insurance Renewal £179.54 – this is the same price as last year as we agreed a 3-year term of renewals which kept the price the same.
• The fallen away road over a culvert is in the hands of Highways, R & R Team – Routine & Reactive Team (Triage & safety Defects)
• NALC has received coverage from the BBC over their concerns regarding remote meetings and a call for legislation. Their head of policy and communications, Justin Griggs, was quoted in their story on the BBC website which was also covered by several BBC local radio stations (you can listen again on BBC Sounds, 2.26.00 in).
• Highways Services Team have forwarded their Spring 2021 Newsletter – follow the link https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/UKDEVONCC/bulletins/2c96c64
• Lane to Stockland – Highways have advised the lane is likely to be closed for 3 weeks due to a section of the lane having collapsed.
• It is hopeful that all restrictions maybe lifted and we could perhaps start to consider a village social gathering to celebrate the removal of all restrictions and getting back to normal life. Have any Councillors any ideas – for discussion over a Zoom social meeting.
• Certificate of Exemption re the Accounts forwarded to PKF and Internal Audit process completed.
• Website is still evolving, the documents are now in their categories, i.e. a May 2019 Agenda is in the section for 2019 Agendas. More documents still need to be uploaded.
• The revision of the Parish Information Leaflet is being worked on over the Summer so if anyone has any up to-date information re the content, please let me know. It is planned that there will be a 2022 issue.
The formal delegation of making and submitting comments on planning applications to the Councillors who attend the site meetings, has been granted to Cllr Tony Long in November 2019. This is due to their being insufficient time before subsequent meetings to bring back comments to the Council for a full formal vote.
Decisions received during the month:
Replacement of conservatory – High View Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9ND
Ref. No: 21/0808/ Status: Approval – standard time limit
Proposed conversion, and extension, of existing outbuilding to form residential unit for ancillary use in association with main dwelling and change of use of agricultural land to garden (retrospective). – Moorpit Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9BG
Ref. No: 20/2702/FUL Status: Approval with conditions
Construction of sand school with hedgerow and fencing and infilling of existing menage. – Hares Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9AZ
Ref. No: 20/2458/FUL Status: Approval with conditions
Erection of roof over existing agricultural slurry separation yard. – Newcott Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9ND
Ref. No: 21/0375/FUL Status: Approval with conditions
New farm access. – Stopgate Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9NB
Ref. No: 21/0862/FUL Status: Refusal
Erection of a roof canopy over an existing slurry store – Lower Pithayne Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9AB
Ref. No: 21/1003/FUL Status: Pending Consideration
Replacement oil tank – Ryecroft Cottage Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9BD
Ref. No: 21/0968/FUL Status: Pending Decision
Planning Applications just across the Yarcombe / Marsh boundary:
Variation of condition number 4 on application 17/2739/FUL (Change of use and works to convert traditional barn to four units of self-contained holiday accommodation together with demolition of modern agricultural building) – Hares Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9AZ
Ref. No: 21/1337/VAR Status: Pending Consideration
Clerk, Yarcombe Parish Council
Date 5th June 2021