07980 893120 (Phone)
Documents

Agenda & Clerks Report for October 2018 Meeting

2018 Agendas Uploaded on March 6, 2021

YARCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL

Chairman: Cllr Nick Randle

Clerk: Sarah-Jane Martin
The Belfry, Yarcombe, Honiton, Devon EX14 9BD
Tel: 01404 861234 Email: yarcombe.clerk@yahoo.com

To: Cllrs Nick Randle, (Chairman), Lesley Pidgeon (Vice Chairman), David Barnes, Steve Horner, Tony Long, Sue Parris, Clive Stone, Maggie Tomkinson, Tony Wiggins, Cllrs Ian Chubb and Paul Diviani.
All members of the Council are summoned to attend a meeting of Yarcombe Parish Council to be held in The Yarcombe Village Hall on Monday 1st October 2018 at 8pm for the transaction of business as set out below.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend.
Signed: Sarah-Jane Martin, Clerk, 24th September 2018

AGENDA

1. Apologies for Absence
Cllr Maggie Tomkinson

2. Declarations of Interest
To receive disclosures of pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in items on the agenda.

3. Minutes
To sign as a correct record the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd July 2018.

4. Parish Council Priorities
• The John Salter Award presentation to the Senior Citizens Lunch and the Yarcombe and Marsh Children’s Fund 2 x cheques of £50.00.

5.b Open Session for Public Participation

6. Finance
a. To receive the Clerks report on the current Financial Position
b. To approve payments in line with the schedule in the Clerks Report.

7. Reports
To receive the following Reports
a. County Councillor
b. District Councillor
• Cllr Ian Chubb has been invited to attend this meeting to discuss current Highways issues:
Curbs at Stopgate – we acknowledge they are the right height, but they protrude too far into the junction and it is very difficult when turning left off the A303 down into Yarcombe, plus the Lane at Marsh – surface and drainage
c. Police
• Response received concerning the Clerks email to the Chief of Police and the traffic that came into contact with a road traffic incident – “Thank you for contacting the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner. I was very concerned to read the content. I have brought this to the attention of Ch/Insp Adrian Leisk who is the Head of Roads Policing for Devon and Cornwall Police. He has assured me that he will ask one of his Officers to look into this matter and provide you with a response in due course. I hope that this reassures you that this matter is being taken seriously.”
d. Yarcombe Community Land Trust
e. Reports from Individual Councillors
• YPC Clean up report from Councillors.
• Cllr Stone Report on meeting with David Ashford of Highways – email circulated.
• Cllr Horner update to the Council on the planned arrangements for the dead man’s penny award ceremony at the Baptist chapel on 21st October and the arrangement for the frame.

8. Clerk and Correspondence
Discussion / Decisions and Actions required:
• Letter received from David and Jane Clitheroe – “We would like to thank the Parish Council for all their continued efforts to keep up the pressure on the Council to repair/restore Clifthayne Lane which have resulted in the recently opened magnificent highway … even though the “Road Closed” signs are still there! Living at Coburns Farm just down the hill from Clifthayne Farm it has changed our lives to have the lane back in operation and we would like to thank you for your contribution in making this happen.
We would also be grateful if you would pass on our thanks to the appropriate district authority representative”.
• Re Yarcombe to Stopgate lane – reply from David at Highways “I managed to have a look at this on Friday (07/09/18). I have at my disposal a budget to carry out ditching, cleaning & ploughing works and will therefore add this site to my list of works.”
• Email received from Julie Rich concerning the S137 grant application eligibility for community groups. “I feel maybe I should just ask what sort of things are eligible?
Children’s Fund – Coach trip to see a Pantomime for example? / An Entertainer for the children in the
village hall? / Coach trip to a theme park?
Flower Show – More Display boards/stands? / Outside Shelters for potato dig/refreshments? / Flower Show advertising signs which could be used each year? / Financial help for printing schedules?
If any of the above seem potential, I will complete an application form etc. I have meetings coming up at the beginning of October for both organisations, and I am coming to the Parish Council meeting on the 1st October.”
• Large Neighbourhood Watch Signs (x4) received that we ordered nearly 12m ago. We had to wait until the PC from Bideford was this way but now received, where would we like to place them?

9. Planning
To receive and endorse the Planning Decisions of the Council taken since last meeting under delegated authority:

• Forthcoming meeting, on 16th October of the Parish Council Chairman and the Chairman of Planning with
EDDC CEO and Planning officers to discuss Yarcombe design priorities in large scale developments.

• Ref. No: 18/1768/FUL – Peterhayes Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9LW
Replacement of and extensions to agricultural buildings. Status: Approval with conditions

• Ref. No: 15/1167/FUL – Watchford Grange Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9LZ
Erection of porch and double garage. Status: Approval with conditions

• Ref. No: 18/1608/FUL – Route 303 Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9ND
Installation of two rapid electric vehicle charging stations. Approval – standard time limit

• Ref. No: 18/1966/FUL – Grovelands Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9BQ
Construction of single storey side extension. Status: Pending Consideration

• Ref. No: 18/2060/FUL – 6 Tilery Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9LR
Conversion of garage and construction of single storey side/rear extension and provision of decking.
Status: Pending Consideration

10. To confirm the date of the next meeting being Monday 26th November at 8pm in The Jubilee Hall, Yarcombe

PART B –

To resolve: that under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 that the public and press be excluded from the meeting:

• Planning Committee feedback

Clerks Report and Supporting Information for the Agenda
Yarcombe Parish Council Meeting Monday 1st October 2018

Item 6 – Finance – Update on current Financial Situation:
Bank account balance £25,281.32 (Lloyds) £464.00 (Unity Trust) as at 31.08.18 = £25,745.32 £
Cash Book Balance at 30.09.18 (Bank less unpresented cheque plus receipts paid in), as at 31.08.18 (Lloyds £27,080.50, Unity Trust £32.99) £27,113.49
Less Ringfenced:
Ringfenced for Contractor to cover:
2,906.67
1. Money allocated for P3 expenditure – £1,986.67 less £1,300/£1,400.00 already allocated
2. £920.00 for Highways – (£1,000.00 less £80.00 to P Holness)
Yarcombe Inn Community Project – Net £13,485.73 plus £1,823.49 rec’d from YICP 15,309.22
Sub Total C/F to remainder of Yr Budget, Grants/Events & Projects Budgets 8897.60

Yarcombe Inn Project Ring Fenced Donations and Expenses:
Summary of income and expenditure Donations Net Costs
£16,832.55 £1,523.33
Totals £15,309.22

6b – Payments to be approved and made in line with the following schedule:
Date Payee Details of Payment Chq Nr / Unity Trust ref nr £
23.09.18 Lesley Sutton John Salter Award – Donation to Snr Citizens lunch 000602 50.00
23.09.18 Yarcombe and Marsh Children’s Fund John Salter Award – Donation to the Yarcombe Children’s Fund 000604 50.00
30.09.18 Sarah-Jane Martin Clerks Wages 000603 223.41
02.10.18 HMRC Clerks Wages PAYE Unity Trust 55.80

• Do we wish to consider transferring some more funds to the Unity Trust Account or even the whole balance, so payments may be made electronically going forward?

Item 7. Reports
To provisionally receive the following Reports
a. County Councillor
b. District Councillor
c. Police
d. Yarcombe Community Land Trust
e. Reports from Individual Councillors

Item 8. Clerk Correspondence
Further Correspondence as follows (for more details and copy emails please email the Clerk):
• Email enquiry to the Parish Council Insurance Company to establish the level of Insurance for Public Liability of Parishioners helping with some village works and also, for them using their own power tools. Response as follows “They would be covered, providing the council were satisfied the volunteers using the power tools are competent to do so. The power tools also need to be in a well maintained, safe condition”.
• Cllr Horner advised a call had been received from Di Turner, asking him to pass on her thanks to the Parish Council for the pressure the PC had put on DCC to get Clifthayne Lane repaired.
• £2,678.00 Precept and 22.00 Parish Council Tax Discount Grant received 3rd September 2018.
• Response from the Chief of Police “Thank you for contacting the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner. I was very concerned to read the content. I have brought this to the attention of Ch/Insp Adrian Leisk who is the Head of Roads Policing for Devon and Cornwall Police. He has assured me that he will ask one of his Officers to look into this matter and provide you with a response in due course.”
• Email response from David Ashford at Highways:
o Posts and rails belonging to DCC will only be replaced when they become a safety defect.
o Verges are cut back twice a year on a planned programmed (last done July 2018).
o Trees on the left going up Yarcombe hill behind the post and rail fence in the village, will only be cut back if they become a safety defect.
• Further response from David at Highways re other issues:
o Gully between Stock House and Rag Lane which is totally overgrown and needs digging out to stop water over flowing into the road – “Site visited 18/09/18, unable to locate any gully at location specified (Ref W181158132). UPDATE issue with Ditch not gully.”
o The lane edges up to the Taunton Junction on the A303 – “Planned works to reform verge bank and clear ditch from the gate (just around the bend) down to the A30”
o A lane in Marsh – water running down the lane, pass the pub door and across the road and the surface is uneven.
“Still ongoing as a site visit is required.” Clerk to visit lane and take photos to email to Phil Morgan.
o Cars at high speed through Marsh – “Speed humps are not a good idea tend to cause a noise pollution and claims of damage to cars etc. If you think people are speeding please contact the police and a speed check could be set up.”
Questions 1. Will this lessen now the holiday season is over and there is less traffic on the roads? 2. A speed check will not prevent future traffic speeding through the village.
Possibly re-visit the Evolis speed sign – S-J has emailed PCSO England again re data.
o Old School House to the path in the village – the question has been asked whether some paving slabs could be placed across the layby grass. – “Due to safety implications and liability to the Council, this option is not permitable.” Clerk has emailed Pat and George Bright to let them know

Sarah-Jane Martin
Clerk, Yarcombe Parish Council
Date 29th September 2018