YARCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL
Cllr Nick Randle
Honiton, EX14 9BD
Tel: 01404 861234
To: Cllrs Nick Randle, (Chairman), Lesley Pidgeon (Vice Chairman), David Barnes, Steve Horner, Tony Long, Sue Parris, Clive Stone, Maggie Tomkinson, Tony Wiggins, Cllrs Ian Chubb and Paul Diviani.
All members of the Council are summoned to attend a meeting of Yarcombe Parish Council to be held in The Yarcombe Village Hall on Tuesday 9th January 2018 at 8pm for the transaction of business as set out below.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend.
Signed: Sarah-Jane Martin, Clerk
30th December 2017
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for Absence
Cllrs Steve Horner, Tony Wiggins, Maggie Tomkinson
2. Declarations of Interest
To receive disclosures of pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in items on the agenda.
To retrospectively sign as a correct record the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd October 2017 and approve and sign as a correct record the minutes held on Monday 27th November.
4. Open Session for Public Participation.
5. Parish Council Priorities
The topic for this month is to be “Community Engagement”.
An invitation has been sent to all Yarcombe Groups to send a Representative to the meeting to discuss Yarcombe Parish Priorities and for them to raise any issues or concerns. There is also proposed to be an update on the Yarcombe Inn project.
a. To receive the Clerks report on the current Financial Position
b. To approve payments in line with the schedule in the Clerks Report.
C. To revisit the Budget in preparation for submitting our Precept requirements and approve the Precept to be applied for.
To receive the following Reports
a. County Councillor
b. District Councillor
d. Yarcombe Community Land Trust
e. Reports from Individual Councillors
Cllr Maggie Tomkinson – Nothing to report on parish paths. Some more work needs to be done in clearing after the storms but we have the budget and as I remember the council agreed that smaller works like this could just go ahead so unless I hear differently I will speak to George about doing this.
9. Clerk and Correspondence
Decisions and Actions required:
• To pass a resolution to open the account with The Unity Bank and Transfer the Account from Lloyds
• To sign the Account Transfer request in accordance with the Lloyds Signatories required.
• Sign cheque of £500.00 payable to Yarcombe Parish Council being the initial deposit at The Unity Trust Bank.
• Signatories, Nick, Steve and Lesley to sign the copy signatories form
• To discuss the email received from Brendon Taylor of Mount Pleasant at the top of Yarcombe Hill. “There have been three serious vehicle related incidents within the vicinity of the top of the hill within the last two months that I have seen. It seems likely that there will have been others as well. One incident involved a pedestrian being hit where the public footpath crosses the road on the bend. I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to improve safety along this stretch of road? Perhaps reduced speed limits? Also, a mirror would make it much safer for ramblers using the footpath”.
FURTHER RE – From Cllr Wiggins “For information. I have today received from our new PCSO some accident (and other) statistics relating to our Parish, which will need further discussion with him. I will undertake this when I am able.”
• The renewal of the Blackdown Hills Parish Network is due for renewal at £82.80 based on 414 parish electoral role members and 20p each.
• To agree to cheque to Cllr C Stone in respect of purchasing 2 Gabions for the ditches and dykes in relation to the Parishes Together Funding.
• To consider if we wish to apply for further Parishes Together Funding before we have completed the spend for the last round of funding provided.
• Claire Gregory from Marsh is interested in becoming a Councillor at the next elections and would like to know when they are and the procedure for putting her name forward.
To receive and endorse the Planning Decisions of the Council taken since last meeting under delegated authority
• Ref. No: 17/2739/FUL – Hares Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9AZ
Change of use and works to convert traditional barns to four units of self-contained holiday accommodation together with the demolition of modern agricultural buildings. Status: Pending Consideration
• Ref. No: 17/2540/FUL – Court Place Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9BB
Proposed cubicle building for cattle and associated earthworks. Status: Pending Consideration
• Ref. No: 17/2541/FUL – Court Place Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9BB
Proposed parlour, dairy and cattle handling area and associated earthworks. Status: Pending Consideration
• Ref. No: 17/2542/FUL – Court Place Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9BB
Proposed covered feed building and associated earthworks. Status: Pending Consideration
• Ref. No 17/2627/FUL – Hares Farm, Yarcombe, Honiton, EX14 9AZ
Change of use of land and erection of stable building and store for private and livery use. Status: Pending Consideration.
• Ref. No 17/1519/MFUL – Broadley Farm, Yarcombe, Honiton, EX14 9BJ
Proposed freestall barn for cattle housing. Status Approval with Conditions
11. To confirm the date of the next meeting being Monday 5th February at 8pm in The Jubilee Hall, Yarcombe