07980 893120 (Phone)
Documents

Agenda for October 2021 Meeting

2021 AgendasAgendas Uploaded on December 28, 2021

YPC Agenda for 4th October 2021

Yarcombe Parish Council Agenda

Chairman: Cllr Clive Stone

Clerk: Sarah-Jane Martin
The Belfry, Yarcombe, Honiton, Devon EX14 9BD
Tel: 01404 861234 Email: yarcombe.clerk@yahoo.com

To: Cllrs Clive Stone, (Chairman), Steve Horner (Vice Chairman), David Barnes, Tony Long, David Little, Shaun Vining, Caroline Ford, Charlotte Vining, Lesley Pidgeon

All members of the Council are summoned to attend a meeting of Yarcombe Parish Council to be held in the Jubilee Village Hall on Monday 4th October 2021 at 8pm for the transaction of business as set out below.

Covid statement
We shall be following the Village Halls Conditions of Hire surrounding Covid 19 for everyone’s safety during our meeting:
Please do not enter the meeting should you have recently been abroad, been in recent contact with anyone with Covid or feel any Covid symptoms. Please wear a face mask, sanitise hands on entry and exit, adhere to Social Distancing, and we shall ensure the Hall is ventilated for the duration of the hire period.

The recording of this meeting is not permitted by either audio or visual without prior consent of the Council.

1. Apologies for Absence
Cllrs Lesley Pidgeon, Charlotte Vining

2. Declarations of Interest
To receive disclosures of pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in items on the agenda.
disclosures of pecuniary

3. Minutes
The last set of Minutes were signed outside the meeting.

4. Reports
To receive the following Reports
a. County Councillor
b. District Councillor
c. Police
d. Yarcombe Community Land Trust
e. Reports from Individual Councillors
• s.106 funds
• Yarcombe Community Land Trust
• The new “route” proposed by the AONB running from south to north through the Blackdowns parts of which will run through our parish

5. Parish Council Priorities including Clerk and Correspondence
• DCC footpath signs – Clerk has emailed DCC to enquire about availability of one Clive saw in N Devon.

• Trees at The Old School House – Pat Bright contacted the Clerk with regards to concern over Elm some trees on council land at the front of the property. These have been inspected with the following response “Thank you for your enquiry. Our contractors surveyed the area in July and found no ash dieback or safety defects in the trees mentioned. DCC undertakes annual tree inspections with qualified tree consultants and monthly Highway Safety Inspections so any risks to the road from trees will be picked up then”. Should anyone else have concerns regarding trees, the concern needs to be raised through the EDDC Report a Problem app and “Hazardous or fallen trees” needs to be selected which gets directed to ELM’s (Environmental Landscape Management Team) for action/inspection by specialists in this field. Overgrown vegetation gets reported to EDDC Highways team

• Councils who have been making decisions via schemes of delegation for a while will need to be aware of the six-month rule. When councillors do not attend a meeting of the council, or its committees, or a meeting where they are representing the council, for six consecutive months, they will automatically lose their seats unless the council has approved a reason for their absence. The six-month rule applies even if there were no meetings to attend. If councils have not met since early May, then the end of the six-month period will be coming up soon so councils may need to hold a council meeting (face to face) to ensure they do not lose councillors through automatic disqualification.

We need to approve a reason for Cllrs Lesley Pidgeon and Charlotte Vining absence, to continue to hold their seats, as no meetings have been held since May and we don’t know if one will be held in November.

• We wrote to Neil Parrish MP concerning the floods in Moorhayne Lane and whether there are any additional funds available to pay for such unforeseen circumstances, which could be directed to Highways for road repairs. The Office of Neil Parish replied and confirmed that Neil had made representations on our behalf to the Department for Transport.

• Parish Council email addresses. Propose using Cllrs C Stone, S Horner, C Ford, D Little, T Long immediately and others as and when they are on-board.

6. Open Session for Public Participation
Responses will be made to items which have been placed on the Agenda, as at Thursday 23rd September. For any later submissions, these will be carried forward to our next meeting.

7. Finance
a. The current Financial Position is as follows:

Bank account balances as at 25.09.21
Lloyds £443.28
Unity Trust C/A & Instant Access £12,419.61 £12,862.89
Cash Book Balance at 25.09.21 (Bank, less pending payments) £12,862.89
Less Ringfenced:
1. Money allocated for P3 expenditure £1,499.87
2. Money allocated for Highways / Village Maintenance 0
3. Election Costs £600.00
Yarcombe Inn Community Project – Illustrated History of The Yarcombe Inn
£556.69
Remainder of Balance after above Ringfenced monies £11,319.71

b. To ratify payments as follows:

Payment Date Payee Details of Payment Amount
05.09.21 BHPN Membership 97.06
30.09.21 S J Martin Clerks Wages 239.20
30.09.21 HMRC PAYE 59.80
01.10.21 St Johns the Baptist, YPCC £100.00 towards village cream tea 100.00

£978.13 is due from EDDC concerning CIL receipts from 18/0718/FUL Land at ‘The Linhay’ (being Peter Meyrick`s development of a Linhay into a holiday let above Whitehorns). Unsurprisingly, as at 25sth September, these funds promised in April still have not arrived.

8. Planning
To receive and endorse the Planning Decisions of the Council taken since last meeting under delegated authority:
The formal delegation of making and submitting comments on planning applications to the Councillors who attend the site meetings, has been granted to Cllr Tony Long in November 2019. This is due to their being insufficient time before subsequent meetings to bring back comments to the Council for a full formal vote.
Cllr Long advised that during this time, site meetings have been held with a skeleton of Parish Council members, where he felt necessary and consequently hasn’t been inviting all the Parish Councillors to all the applications, due the present circumstances.
For Discussion:

• Marsh Farm

• Watchford Teton

Conversion and extension of 2 no. barns to form 3 no. dwellings; demolition and reconstruction of barn 3 to provide outbuilding for use incidental/ancillary to main farmhouse, and associated works – Ley Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9LW
Ref. No: 20/2890/FUL Approval with conditions | Case

Conversions of 2 no. barns to form 3 no. dwellings including construction of side extension, demolition and reconstruction of barn 3 to provide outbuilding for use for purposes incidental/ancillary to main farmhouse, external and internal alterations, and associated works – Ley Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9LW
Ref. No: 20/2891/LBC Status: Approval with conditions

Change of use of outbuilding from ancillary accommodation to the main house to an independent residential unit for use as a holiday let. – Beacon Farm Beacon Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9LU
Ref. No: 20/2819/COU Status: Approval with conditions

New farm access – Stopgate Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9NB
Ref. No: 21/2332/FUL Status: Pending Consideration

Conversion of greenhouse to form holiday accommodation – The Garden House Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9AE
Ref. No: 21/2556/LBC Status: Pending Consideration

Proposed New Farm Access Track. – Hay Farm Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9BQ
Ref. No: 21/1952/FUL Status: Pending Decision

Conversion of existing greenhouses to 2 x self contained holiday accommodation units. – The Garden House Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9AE
Ref. No: 21/1334/FUL Status: Pending Decision

Adjacent Parishes:

Retention of 1 no. internally illuminated totem pole sign – A303 Services Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9ND
Ref. No: 21/0236/ADV | Received date: Tue 26 Jan 2021 | Status: Refusal | Case Type: Planning Application

Tracked Applications
Retention of 1 no. internally illuminated totem pole sign – A303 Services Yarcombe Honiton EX14 9ND
Ref. No: 21/0236/ADV | Status: Refusal | Case Type: Planning Application

The next meeting currently remains unscheduled, and an announcement will be made when the next meeting will be.

Addendum
Quorum Meeting held on Monday 20 September 2021 at Rose Cottage under Standing Order 7
Attending CS SH DB TL

1. Stopgate Farm access: RESOLVED submit previous comments from previous farm access application.

2. Marsh Farm: RESOLVED Steve will send to Tony history of site. Tony will put a letter together in due course for clerk to send to planning authority.

3. Details: DISCUSSED how much confidentiality is actually on our emails? No resolution at the moment.

4. 106/CIL monies: RESOLVED: Steve is still trying to get information re the amounts of money due to the YPC for various sites.

5. Brian Anning/Watchford: Brian spoke with David B and David informed us that Brian has an eviction notice against him. RESOLVED: this matter is between EDDC planning, Brian Anning and his family.

6. Uncollected recycling outside vicarage properties: RESOLVED: Contact to be made with EDDC to enquire why not collected

Meeting held on Tuesday 10 August 2021 at Tony’s workshop under Standing Order 7
Present: CS, SH DB TL

Topics discussed:
1. Amendment for Beacon Farm. No further action taken
2. Possible amendment for Kitchen Garden House. No further action taken
3. Ley Farm amendments. No further action taken
4. Second building at Clifthayne Farm. No further action taken
5. CIL / 106 payments Awaiting response from EDDC
6. Blackdown Hills declining to comment on planning applications. Noted, no action taken
7. Water running onto roads from fields, coming from farmers drainage e.g at Winnowing Knap. No further action taken but to review in future as necessary
8. Email system. Awaiting further progress